Wednesday, December 03, 2008

And the plot thickens...


About two weeks ago, Bert asked me whether or not I had received anything “special” in my mailbox. I hadn't, and inquired if this special something could have gone astray in the Federal Mail. She assured me that it could not have, which made me think that Bert had physically placed the special something in my mailbox for me to find.

I racked my brain for anything out of the ordinary that had appeared with my mail recently, but nothing came to mind (except for the surplus of catalogues I seem to be receiving lately – what’s THAT about? I hardly ever order anything from catalogues or online. How did they find me? Stupid junk mailers...). Seriously. Nothing.

Then, over the Thanksgiving holiday, a box of recycle bags appeared in my mailbox. This DID seem like a gift from Bert. Only one problem: Bert was in Houston celebrating Thanksgiving with her family. This makes it unlikely the box of recycle bags were from her, but I cannot think of anyone else that would randomly leave such a present in my mailbox. Bert is, after all, the ONLY person that has noticed (and seems annoyed by the fact) that I keep forgetting to buy more recycle bags when I go to the grocery store. I still recycle (no worries!), but I’ve been using the brown, paper bags from Whole Foods instead since I’m STILL out of the other ones.

I guess it is possible that my neighbors “borrowed” the box of recycle bags for a week (they’ve done stranger things – especially lately), but why?

Sigh. I am so confused…

2 comments:

Lia said...

Hmmm. That *is*confusing. Although it's very much in the holiday spirit.

Maybe Bert just conspired with someone else to leave your gift in your mailbox, and that someone else kept forgetting?

Anonymous said...

LOL! FINALLY! The fairy want to know where they have been and is prepared to sprinkle the thief with bad karma!


PS: I was not annoyed that you didn't have the bags, just confused by sudden change. Like Max and Jack, I'm a creature of habit.