Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A story with no real point except to confirm (yet again) that my sister is my father's child...

So, I get home from work tonight and call Trevor. He tells me that my sister, Amy, has been trying to reach me.

Me: “Do you know what she wants?”

Trevor: “No. She called and asked if I was with you. I said, ‘No’, and she hung up. Give her a call. She sounded like she needed something. It might be an emergency.”

Me: “Um, okay. Bye”

While dialing Amy's number on my house phone, I take a look at the missed calls on my cell. Sure enough, I discover that Amy has called me several times in the past half hour.

On the forth or fifth ring, Amy finally answers her phone.

Amy: “Uh, hello?”

Me: “Hi. It’s me. Are you okay? Trevor said you’ve been trying to reach me. Is everything alright?”

Amy: “Oh, yeah! I DO need something! I still don’t have cable. Can I come to your place and watch TV?”

Me: “[Long pause] Really? That's it? You want to watch TV?”

Amy: “Um, yeah. I really miss TV.”

Me: “…”

Amy: “So, uh, is it okay?”

Me: “Um…yeah, it is fine.”

Amy: “Cool. I’ll be over in fifteen minutes. Bye.”

Me: “[Calling Trevor back...] So, you will never guess what Amy wanted.”

Trevor: “What? Is she okay?”

Me: “Um, yeah. She’s fine. Just wants to come over and watch TV.”

Trevor: “TV? What? You’ve gotta’ be kiddin’ me?!”

Me: “Yeah, no. With my sister, I’m never kidding.”

~ THE END ~

2 comments:

The Runt said...

I would have been over sooner, but I was trying to beat this really hard level on the Super Nintendo. I really do miss TV. It's lonely over here... Plus, you record my most favorite show in the world. Unfortunatly, you are running low on good recorded TV. So, I will list some suggestions:

-Ghost Hunters
-A Haunting
-Gossip Girl
-Man vs Wild

I'm also thinking I should get a key to your house since I live so close. It's really for your benefit and safety...and my convenience (of course). I'll give you a key to my place too so you can jump on the trampoline and snuggle Teddy.

Deals On Wheels said...

If I give you a key, I fear I'll discover more string cheese wrappers under my pillow.

And I already record all those shows. Well, except for Gossip Girl which I've never heard of.