Monday, March 10, 2008

FEED ME...

Dolly is (temporarily) staying with me while Amy is on a ski vacation for spring break.

As you may recall, Miss Dolly used to live with me (way, way, WAY back in the “pre-Haskell” days), but moved back in with her “mom” once Amy decided to transfer to SMU and get her own apartment. That was almost two years ago.

Now, Dolly is going on fourteen years old and has gotten somewhat “demanding” in her old age. She literately sits in the kitchen (underneath the counter which houses the dog treats no less) and waits. Each and every time I walk into the kitchen she’s there, wiggling and/or drooling with anticipation. Sometimes she even barks at me. And once she starts, there is no shutting her up (at least not until a cookie has been surrendered).

The problem is that Dolly is…well, plump. She doesn’t need to eat anymore biscuits. She's about three treats away from needing a wheel to hold up her midsection. But, obviously, Dolly doesn’t agree. This is a problem – mainly because I don’t like being barked at.

To give you a better idea of what I am talking about, I offer the following Bud Light commercial:


Yes, it really is like that (she’s not actually saying “sausage” but you get the general idea). I need help. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally enjoyed that!

~Jef

Lia said...

Be strong. You know better than her!