Tuesday, March 04, 2008

On the Texas Primary...

One of my father’s girlfriends (yes, “girlfriends”. He has several) decided to vote early in the Democratic Primary. When my dad asked who she had voted for, she promptly replied with: “John Edwards”.

My Dad: “Really? Why?”

Girlfriend: “Because I like him better than the other people who are running.”

My Dad: “But he dropped out of the race.”

Girlfriend: “When?!”

My Dad: “Over a month ago. After Super Tuesday.”

Girlfriend: “So why was his name still on the ballot?”

My Dad: “Because they probably printed the ballots before Super Tuesday.”

I mean, really: did she not notice that Edwards had all but dropped off the radar since January? Or that ALL the recent political debates have been between Clinton and Obama? Because, wow. That's impressive.

In other news, Trevor giggles like a little school girl every time someone mentions the word “Caucus”. Seriously. Here’s a conversation from last night:

Melissa: “I’m interested in the caucus.”

Trevor: [giggling…]

Me: “Yeah, me, too. I’m excited about going tomorrow.”

Trevor: [more giggling…]

Me: “What's so funny?”

Trevor: “[wiping tears of laughter from eyes…] Sorry. I’m having a Beavis and Butthead kind of moment.”

Me: “What?”

Trevor: “It’s just [giggle] she’s ‘interested’ in it and [giggle] you’re ‘excited’ about it and...I’m sorry...[giggle, giggle, giggle] it's just funny, that's all [wipes another tear from his eye].”

Me: “You mean the word ‘caucus’? Because you find it funny when you break it down into the words, ‘cock’ and ‘a$$’, right?”

Trevor: [more hysterical man-giggling…]

Me: “[shaking head] Sigh…”

Yep, it’s official. I date a five year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was something squirrelly about that word.

Uggghhhhhh, will politics be over soon?

~Jef