Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The socks should have been my first clue that this was going to be a LONG day...

Today has been interesting. I have the following to report so far:

  • I somehow managed to put on two different colored socks this morning. I don’t know how – especially considering that I ball up socks in matching pairs and the OTHER black and brown socks are still sitting in my suitcase…separately.


  • They ran out of coffee during the morning coffee break. This happened (OF COURSE!) right as I finally made it to the head of the line I had been waiting in for fifteen minutes. Luckily, there was more coffee down the hall, but STILL!


  • You can totally see my support hose under my oh-so professional kaki pants. And, no. No, they are not that fitted (the pants, not the support hose).


  • I heard a woman say, “It doesn’t matter if your boobs are three feet away or not. Sometimes you’ve just got to deal with stuff like that in life.” At first I thought I had misheard heard what she said. But then I saw her holding her hands WAY out in front of her as if she was cupping very large breasts. I SO wish I knew what they were talking about!


  • I had to sit next to MAM this morning. For those of you “in the know”, that should say it all.


  • Last night, I discovered that another museum professional (who I previously thought was in his mid-thirties) is actually only 28 AND graduated from high school a year before me. Apparently, this shocked me, because I promptly responded with something like, “You’re kidding! I totally thought you were a whole lot older!” Luckily, this individual has a sense of humor and is now referring to himself as “the old man” every time I see him. I’m STILL mortified. I must have left my filter in Dallas.


  • Sprayed surprisingly juicy lemon all over table and self at lunch today. Think citric acid maybe have permanently damaged new shirt.


  • It’s going on three and housekeeping still hasn’t made an appearance on my floor. This isn’t really an issue, but something I found odd nevertheless. Maybe they just forgot about me?


  • I skipped the conference business meeting to get caught up on work related phone calls. Several teachers have called me in a panic trying to schedule field trips BEFORE the end of the week (Friday is DISD's deadline for booking buses and off site programming). Why do teachers always wait until the last minute? For some unknown reason, though, two teachers have called on their cell phones and left messages that are completely incomprehensible. All I can make out is static, parts of phone numbers and something-something high school. Grrrrrr. Why couldn't they have called me last week when I was, I dunno, IN THE OFFICE?!


And, technically, the day is not even half over, yet.

Awe-some. I need a nap...

On the bright(er) side, this is the sight that greeted me this morning:



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

by the way, were you able to find a pirate ship??? grrr!!!

Deals On Wheels said...

It's "Arrrrggggg", Trevor. Not "Grrrrrr".

:P

Anonymous said...

depends on the pirate...could be "Gaaarrr!!!" as well. As long has it has some rrrr's and ggg's.

Deals On Wheels said...

What pirate shows did YOU watch growing up?!

Heather said...

trevor - You're adorable.