Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've arrived (or something)...

I just arrived in Galveston. For a conference.

That’s right: I’m working. At the beach.

Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

My room? Yeah, it has an ocean view, a king-sized bed, free internet access and two sinks in the bathroom.

LOVING. IT.

Things have definitely improved since the days of sharing a super-sketchy La Quinta Inn motel room with RR in Beaumont. Not that sharing a room with RR isn’t fun, mind you. I’m just saying that this is better. A lot better.

Yep. I just checked and there are definitely NO biker gangs hanging outside my room door drinking beer. What more can you ask for?!

Here are some photos from my hotel room:

The Ocean View...


The Pool...


Not One, But TWO Poolside Bars...


And A Water Slide. Nice!


Too bad I'm back in support hose and can't fully enjoy being at the beach. Actually, that's probably a good thing since I'm technically here to "work" and all. Boo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, but is it on the gay beach in Galveston? I made the mistake of going to the gay beach with my girlfriend once.

Unless you are into lesbians rubbing suntan lotion on themselves.

~Jef

Grammy Pammy said...

Wow! Wish I were there...Hope you took your bathing suit. Send pictures of you on the water slide and of you with one of those fruity little drinks with an umbrella....

Mommy's World said...

I'm jealous. A lot jealous. :P