Tuesday, March 18, 2008

High Water in Big D...AGAIN


It's raining here today.

And by "rain" I really mean "torrential downpour".

Seriously. It started raining around 9 AM and isn't supposed to stop until sometime tomorrow morning.

Did I mention that we've already gotten well-over FOUR INCHES? Yeah. And according to the Weather Channel, the worst is yet to come. The radar map is just covered with greens, yellows and reds slowly inching their way towards Dallas. Not cool. I’m contemplating building an ark.

As you can imagine, things are flooding. Some of the pictures the local news affiliates are posting are reminiscent of THIS FLOOD which occurred almost two years ago TO THE DAY.

If I had my camera with me, I’d totally take a picture of the lake outside my office window. As the day goes on, it keeps getting bigger and inching closer to the building. Did I mention I’m in the basement and my office windows look out at ground level (i.e. my office is partially underground)? If the water gets high enough, I’m sure the “new lake” will come cascading inside. I’m imagining a waterfall of sorts. Stupid, old sinking building! Maybe I should start moving things to higher ground just to be safe…?

In other news, I was supposed to be interviewed by a local TV reporter this afternoon. She called to confirm our appointment around 10 AM, only to call back an hour later and cancel. Apparently, she works from home and was completely unaware that it was raining outside AT ALL. That is until she finally got around to looking out her bedroom window. Does this mean she doesn’t work in the rain? Like, ever? Because that was definitely implied when she called back around 11 and said, “I’m going to have to cancel. I just noticed it is raining outside.” Had she called later on this afternoon, I’d totally understand. There are tornado and flood warnings posted everywhere. But at 11 this morning it was just raining. Yes, it was raining hard, but it wasn’t THAT big of a deal. At least not yet anyway.

Grrrrrr…

I just hope I don’t have to swim home.

1 comment:

Lia said...

It's raining here, too. All day long.