Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY...

Here are some of my pictures from last year's Greenville Avenue St. Patrick's Day Parade. I don't know why I didn't post them this time last year, but whatever. Better late than never, right?

Plus, I didn't make it to this year's parade. The whole I-gave-up-all-good-stuff-for-Lent thing (including sweets, fried food AND alcohol) kind of put a damper on the St. Patrick's Day festivities. In fact, Trevor and I opted for a hot box yoga class and lunch with my grandmother instead of a morning of green beer, drunken crowds and loud music. We are super-exciting like that.

Yeah: Yawn.

Anyway, here you go:

Everyone CAN wear pants like this, but not everyone SHOULD.


Where do you go to buy green leggings?


What happens when a leprechaun mates with a zebra.


Uhmmm, there's a baby. Whose baby? Hello?


Because NOTHING says St. Patrick's Day like a pirate hat.


It's the guy from the LUCKY CHARMS commercials!


Someone should pinch these two...


I want a green cowboy hat...


Obviously, THIS is the place to be...


Really? A Hawaiian shirt? That's the BEST you can do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell that giving up sweets, fried food, and alcohol has brought you closer to God.

Anonymous said...

LOL; maybe Singular girl is right!

Ya that's what happens when you have a parade on Lower Greenville. If you want a serious Irish party come to the Highland Festival in Arlington.

Or hang out with my friend from college Kenny Finn and his family in Grapevine.

~Jef

Lia said...

My top two picks: the maybe-you-shouldn't-have pants, the whose-baby-is this, and the pirate house.

Because I count good and am indecisive.

This is my life so far said...

Great pics. Thanks for posting them and I love your captions

Deals On Wheels said...

Yes, yes. Lent has made me a bitter person this year. I think it all started with THE HOUSE GUEST FROM HELL the first Friday after Ash Wednesday. I've never wanted a drink so badly in my life. I was totally being tested.