Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meme...

This is totally a Facebook thing, but I really wanted to post something on my blog today and have nothing interesting to say. Alas!

Anyway, here are 25 random things about me:
  1. I have a completely irrational fear of commitment. Being engaged to Trevor is putting a damper on said fear of commitment, but I still haven’t gone dress shopping. You really aren’t getting married until you buy the dress, after all.


  2. I also have irrational fears of donuts, mayonnaise-based food, lanyards and screw-cap seals on plastic bottles. Oh, and Meryl Streep completely freaks me out for some reason.


  3. I will not buy or cook raw meat. Just looking at it makes me want to gag. If it wasn’t for Trevor, I’d still be a vegetarian.


  4. I went to an all-girls boarding school, and loved it. That is, until I went to a coed college and remembered how much I liked boys. Of course, not being around the opposite sex since middle school (when boys still had cooties and were all shorter than I was) meant that I was seriously socially impaired for most of the next four years.


  5. I’ve always been a tomboy. I played three varsity sports in high school, and rugby and soccer in college. I almost never blow dry my hair or wear make up, and wish I could wear a hoodie/t-shirt and blue jeans every day.


  6. Despite number five – I was both a sorority girl AND a debutante. Gasp!


  7. If I could, I’d totally have a house full of black dogs with white paws.


  8. My favorite character in a book when I was little was HANK THE COWDOG. I’ve tried to brainwash Hilary’s son, CJ, since birth, but so far I have been unsuccessful.


  9. I am addicted to GHOST WHISPERER. And, yes, I know the acting is horrendous.


  10. I don’t like the color “yellow” as a rule. I think it is too angry.


  11. I am way-obsessed with my overall fiber consumption. When I am 80, prunes won’t be strong enough. I’ll need colon-blow.


  12. I have only seen the Grand Canyon from the bottom up. Never the top down.


  13. I really want to visit Iceland. Dude: it’s the land of fire and ice! How can you NOT want to go there?!


  14. I have an obsession with 20th century dictators. I don’t idolize them or anything, but find them fascinating. What about them and their personalities made millions of people want to follow them? I also enjoy meteorologists and generic weather-people in general. I can still name the local weather person in each of the major cities I have lived in over the course of my life. My personal favorite: Wayne Mahar in Syracuse, New York. Wonder if he still sports his red jacket?


  15. I lost 80+ pounds in high school. I’ve never gained it back, but haven’t lost anymore, either. I’m destined to be this weight forever, apparently.


  16. I randomly get “stuck” in things. Once, in high school, I got stuck in my desk and a small army of teachers were called upon to get me out. I had somehow gotten my feet tangled up in the book basket under my chair. There was a moment when I thought they might have to dismantle the desk.


  17. Two of my most favorite foods are popcorn and olives. Yum.


  18. I am allergic to Texas. Yes, literately. My allergist keeps recommending that I move to a more arid climate.


  19. I wish I could live in the mountains. Hiking is one of my favorite pastimes, and I miss having seasons.


  20. When I was little, I needed a helmet. I ran my head into everything. I even fell off a dam once. If you could shave my head, you’d see nothing but scars, I’m sure.


  21. My favorite number is “8”. I have my own made-up version of numerology. No one gets it except me and my gynecologist (oddly enough).


  22. I once got lost on a bike path.


  23. I got a pony for my fifth birthday, and horse for my seventh. This sounds really cool until I mention that my dad is a cattle rancher. I got the pony and horse so I could help move cattle from point A to point B without realizing that I was being subjected to child labor.


  24. During times of high stress (or bordom), I can easily chew two or three packs of gum in a day. Sometimes all at once. I consider it to be a talent.


  25. I own multiple pairs of support hose and wear them regularly (if not voluntarily).

Happy Friday, everyone!

3 comments:

Lia said...

Did you know you can get married in a borrowed dress? Just saying . . . :)

Also, child labor or not, getting a pony for your birthday is very cool.

The Runt said...

Ok. First of all, #5 is total bs. I remember going to the mall with you, and you realized you forgot to put your eyebrows on...it almost ruined the whole day.

#16 made me a liability at boarding school. One time, Ms. Hedges snatched away my key lanyard because she was worried I would start playing with it and get tangled up like some former idiot student did once at a soccer game.

#23...whaaaaat?

Deals On Wheels said...

The Runt: Since I don't have eyebrows, going out without them penciled on is unnerving. And people stare. That's the only reason I thought to look in the mirror in the first place. This has nothing to do with being a tomboy or not - I just like to look like I have eyebrows...even if it is a lie. Sigh...

And you were still pretty little when dad sold the herd. So, I’m guessing that is why you don’t remember moving the cows from pasture to pasture. I used to love to go along, and pretend I was a real cowgirl. Of course, cows aren’t so intimidated by a five year old on a Shetland pony. Once dad sold the cows, though, my cattle moving days quickly came to an end.