Monday, January 05, 2009

Haskell's "Mini Me"...

On Christmas Eve’s Eve, I visited Larry Powell’s website and discovered a list of animals scheduled to be destroyed the following day at a local animal shelter. In the immediate wake of losing Dolly, I found myself longing to save one – especially when I stumbled upon the picture of one dog in particular: “Scooter”.

Hi.  My name is Scooter...
Scooter looked like Haskell with stand up ears, and weighed only eight pounds. He could have been Haskell’s “mini me”.

With tears in my eyes, I dialed the shelter’s number. I was serious about adopting the little guy and sparing him a Christmas Eve euthanasia (even though the last thing I needed was another dog). However, I was I met with some happy – and unexpected – news. Scooter had been already been adopted. He had a home and new family for Christmas.

For some reason, this totally made my day. Even now, almost two weeks later, thoughts of “Scooter” continue to warm my heart, which is silly because I never even met the little guy.

This story has no point other than to share what little I know of “Scooter’s Tale” and it’s happy ending. Oh, and to give everyone the mental image of Haskell running around with a miniature version of himself (which makes me giggle inside even now).

Black dogs with white paws rule.
Adopt a shelter dog today!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Shelter dogs rule! I'm glad Haskell's mini me got adopted. :)

RR said...

Oh, he really does look like Haskell! What a cutie! I'm glad he found a home.