Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Explain this to me...


I stepped in gum, but it didn't get on the bottom of my shoe like you would assume.  Instead, it somehow got IN my shoe and all over my jeans.  But it isn't like my foot came out of my Birkenstock while I was walking downtown.  I just don't understand how it got in there.  It simply doesn't make sense to me.  And for the record, I would MUCH prefer gum on the bottom of my shoe than in my shoe.  Because, ew, ew, ew.

And it happened immediately following parking my car.  I parked in a space that cost $3.50 to let.  I inserted $5 into the machine, but instead of giving me $1.50 back, it informed me that it was "unable to give change at this time".  Like it was perfectly acceptable that it was eating my money, and I should simply stop by later when it felt like giving me back my buck fifty.

WTF?

I've decided it is all a scam by the City of Dallas to collect extra money.  Because it is an effing machine and there is very little recourse available when dealing with a delinquent one alone in the middle of a hot parking lot in August.  The d@mn thing might as well have flicked me off and laughed its creepy little machine laugh in my face.  Because what can I do except swear at it and kick the poll it stands on?  

(I did neither by the way.  But not because I didn't want to.  I just happened to notice the gum IN my shoe about that time, and suddenly that was the bigger, more disgusting problem.)

No comments: