Saturday, August 18, 2012

Another week has come and gone and I have the pictures to prove it...

Apologies if you read this post before you were supposed to.  I hit "save" but Blogger decided to go ahead and publish it anyway.  And, of course, I didn't realize what had happened for HOURS.  Fabulous.  I kind of feel like the Internet saw this post naked.  Because my writing is rough enough AFTER editing.  

Poor, violated blog entry.

Anyhoo...I'm about to go on vacation and really have nothing interesting to say.  So, instead, I'm going to give you another picture heavy post of Banner updates and happenings from the last week.  I know you are thrilled.



Banner faked being sick on Thursday, and had to stay home on Friday because of it.  At first I was worried he was coming down with the 24 bug Trevor had on Tuesday and Wednesday, but so far both the B-Man and I have both escaped that one.

Anyway, day care thought Banner had vomited Thursday at four, but I think he just didn't burp well enough after his 3:45 bottle.  But, of course, his school has a policy that a kiddo can't return to class until he has been vomit free for 24 hours.  Hence, Friday was spent playing hooky and chilling at home with his favorite sitter, Molly.   They went to the library and had all sorts of fun.  Banner may never want to go back to school again.



Banner LOVES to stand.  He can't quite pull up on his own, but - if you help him get on his feet and give him something to hold on to - he will show you that he can (sort of) do it on his own.  He is very proud of himself.




Banner is now in twelve to eighteen month clothing.  He actually has been wearing them for awhile, but I was in denial and refused to clean out his closet until Molly informed me that all of his nine month sleepers were too small.  Again, I KNEW this.  It was just that he was in nine month clothing for less than a month, and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to all the cute outfits!

The good news is that his twelve month+ clothes are adorable, too, and he is now ready for football season since all his Cowboy's onesies Trevor got him last fall were for a one year old.



Banner is also ready for size four diapers, but I am trying to get through the rest of the size threes before officially making the switch.  He is such a little weed.



School also wants us to start him on puffs and stage two solids, but - just like the diapers - I am committed to going through what he has already before buying anything new.  Poor Banner has a cheap mama!

His teachers also want him to start bringing a sippy cup to class when we get back from vacation.  Banner hasn't shown a lot of interest in holding his own bottle, so we haven't tried the sippy cup at home yet.  He just seems to be getting so big so fast.  I can't get over it.  It seems like only yesterday that he was the youngest in his class at school, but now that Kyle and Oliver are "graduating" to the toddler room, Brox and Banner will be the two oldest.




On Thursday night, I went crazy and drove Banner to Cedar Hill.  I just couldn't stand the idea of my baby being in my house while they aerial sprayed overhead for mosquitos.  So, we drove down there after having a bath and bottle Thursday evening about 8 PM, slept at my mom's and returned to Dallas the following morning at 7 in time for me to get to work by 9 AM.

Meanwhile, Trevor spent the night at home with the Awesome Pawsome.  He said he could hear the planes flying only 300 or 400 feet above our rooftop.

If it were just me, I'd probably have rode it out at home.  But now that I am a mom, I couldn't bare the thought of my baby breathing poison.  I just hope we are long gone by the time they start round two on Monday or Tuesday.  If not, back to Cedar Hill Banner and I will go.



The hardest thing about our trip to Colorado this year is that we had to make the difficult decision to fly and leave the Awesome Pawsome in Dallas.  Banner is really going to miss his doggie minions!

No need to worry about Gypsy, Alley and Haskell, though.  They are going to "camp" at our dog sitter's house in the country.  It is where they stayed when Trevor and I went on trips, like our honeymoon and Mexico a couple of years ago, and again when we had our house painted in the spring of 2011.  They LOVE it.  Lots of wide, open spaces for them to run, play and swim during the day, and at night they get to crash together in their very own bedroom in the house.  I am going to miss hiking with my favorite canine companions this summer, but I am just not psychologically ready to go on a 14 hour (one way) road trip with a seven month old.  Maybe next year I will be braver.

No comments: