Tuesday, December 20, 2011

To Thor, in utero...

Dear Thor,

I want you to know that I have done everything in my power to get you out before Christmas. I've worked out like a beast three of the last four days, and today your grandmother took me to the mall to "walk me" for over two hours.

(Your father joked that I needed to take a leash and a couple of plastic pick up bags in case I had an accident. He is a real joker, that one.)

And the mall was crowded, chaotic and more or less my own personal nightmare. Your father can attest to the fact that I am not a big fan of the mall, crowds or shopping unless Kona Grill is involved. Which it wasn't today. So, yeah: Sacrifice.

I have even resorted to jumping up and down in place. Your dad caught me doing this on Sunday evening and wasn't impressed. He obviously wants you to stay put until 2012.

I've also been eating a lot of spicy foods. But I'm not sure that counts since I eat spicy foods all the time.

Anyway, I just want you to know that I've been doing my part to get you out as far away from Christmas as possible. And, well, I can't be expected to do this all by myself, you know.

Plus, Anni's wedding is one month from tomorrow and I have this bridesmaid dress I need to squeeze into. No pressure or anything. I just wanted to make you aware of the situation.

Love,
Mom

P.S. Oh, and your dad is holding both of us responsible for his having to go to work every day. Which I say serves him right since he won't let me jump up and down in place without criticism and refuses to take me seriously when I say I want to find a trampoline.

1 comment:

Halley said...

Do squats.