Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Trying to keep a positive outlook...

Things that make me happy (because still being pregnant most certainly does not):

My new bunny slippers. Because I am 31 and still don't think that I should have to wear grown up house shoes.


My brother's new puppy. Even if I can't pronounce his name. Maybe it is genetic?
My grandmother couldn't say "Cherry" and now I can't say "Shasa"!


Helping my sister register at Neimans and seeing little signs that suggest maybe (just maybe) I won't be pregnant forever.


Additionally, the wedding registry lady at Neimans was shocked that I was:
  1. Pregnant.

  2. 40 weeks.

Granted, I was wearing a sweatshirt, but I can now say I looked consistently not pregnant throughout my pregnancy. At least not to complete strangers. Which I've decided to embrace (instead of complaining about) because I feel especially wide today and need a pick-me-up.

And, yes, I know that the most reasonable explanation for not looking pregnant is because I was a fat a$$ to begin with (as described way, way back WHEN in bullets 6 and 7), but I've decided to ignore that fact for today. Consider it a self preservation measure.

1 comment:

Hungry Expat said...

#6 and 7 are not reasonable explanations to why you baby Thor hasn't popped forward. Being tall and fabulous are. If I ever get pregnant (Lord help us all) I only hope I look as good as you do at 40 weeks! And I still maintain hopping from lunch to Last Call may have forced him out. Babies don't like jiggling. Or do they? Maybe that's cats.