Thursday, September 22, 2011

Redneck to English dictionary...

I will preface this following email thread by saying that there is a special exhibit at the museum and we have scholarships available to help schools pay to bus kids to see it.

The teacher in question is responding to the confirmation she received on Wednesday afternoon that her school had been selected for one of the busing scholarships.

Nora is one of my coworkers.

From: Teacher
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:28 PM
To: Deals
Subject: RE: texas history


Terrific! Now is that all that you will need for us to get rein versed for the buses?


From: Deals
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:20 AM
To: Nora Lenhart
Subject: FW: texas history


What does her sentence below mean? Rein versed?


From: Nora
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:32 AM
To: Deals
Subject: RE: texas history


reimbursed for the buses


From: Deals
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:46 AM
To: Nora
Subject: RE: texas history


Seriously? THAT’S what it means? I’ve never heard that expression. I even googled it. Nothing.


From: Nora
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:47 AM
To: Deals
Subject: RE: texas history


There is no Google translator for Redneck.

If you say "rein versed" with a thick Texas accent, it comes out sounding *almost* like "reimbursed".

No. Not kidding. Try it if you don't believe me.

This same teacher had also never heard of an invoice before today.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.

She's teaching the youth of America, people!

Just some food for thought.

2 comments:

Rachel B said...

Are you sure she wasn't using predictive text? That can insert pretty crazy stuff into your emails if your not careful. I don't know how to turn it off on the iPad and it's REALLY annoying. But, to be fair, I DO know what an invoice is.

Anonymous said...

Wow. How did she get thru college? Maybe she is in the crazy texting generation. I am glad you asked Nora because, I had no clue.

Susie