Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I win.

It is official. The summer of 1980 is no longer the hottest on record in Dallas.

Take that, Mom!

We tied the record of 69 100+ days yesterday. Today was number 70. Tomorrow will most likely be 71.

It pretty much sucks to live in Texas right now.

Further solidifying the whole hottest-summer-on-record thing, the summer of 2011 beat the average temperature of 1980 by more than a degree. In 1980 it was a cool 89.2 degrees. The average in 2011? Yeah, 90.5.

Seriously, no wonder the state is on fire. We are living in an oven. It is mid-effing September and it was 107 today.

I said this before, but it is hard not to take all this heat personally. I was born in August of 1980. So, it makes complete since that I would be pregnant with my first child during the summer of 2011. My mother says it is karma. I've just decided that I am exceptionally unlucky.

Here's to hoping for some rain and sweatshirt weather in North Texas soon!

No comments: