Friday, September 23, 2011

Seventh Month and still just plain fat...

I started the seventh month this week, so I figured I should document the occasion by taking some more belly pictures. And, yes, before you say anything that is the exact same outfit I wore the last time I did this about 2.5 weeks ago. I figured it was best to stay consistent clothing-wise for this little project.

And, well, I don't have a lot of clothes.

Plus, if you look closely, I am totally wearing a different necklace. In my world, that basically makes it a brand new ensemble.






All my friends keep telling me that they can (finally) tell that I am pregnant. Except for friends that I don't see very often and don't know that I am knocked up. Those friends still have to be informed because they either can't tell by looking at me that I am with child or are afraid to ask.

And then there was the lady last night at an evening function who basically said I must be joking when I told her I was expecting. In other words, strangers and acquaintances still seem to be none the wiser about the existence of Thor.

On the plus side, though, weird people haven't tried to touch my belly. Unless you count my sister. And, well, there isn't much I can do about that except scowl.

The frustrating thing is that I have the weight gain without the belly and the hip and low back pain without the distention. It all seems very backwards to me. I really thought I would be able to park in the Expectant Mothers space at Whole Foods by now.

Bother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You look more like 2 months pregnant. No way you are 7 months!

RR said...

You definitely look pregnant! (in a good way)

And although I've never been one to try to touch the bellies of mothers-to-be, I'm definitely tempted to try it with you, just to see what kind of look you would get on your face.